Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back by Popular Demand

Sleepy June

I can find your lips by heart
in the dark
if I close my eyes.
It's not too hard--

if I slip my arms around your
nautical shoulders
when I felt bolder
It's not too much

to ask if I slide my legs
with a sigh
and entangle them with your thighs
What if

I had one wish
crossed my fingers at 11:11
as a star flew by
and the candles blew out

I'd ask for you to be
whispering with me in between
these sheets that have only known me

Big spoon, little spoon
no cow, but definitely the moon
Now he is in awe of us, two
Take me back to Green

in my dreams
to a neat little town
behind the moon,
beyond the rain
Strings of lyrics now
unstrung and restrung
strumming a lullaby
as I  f a  d   e     a     w      a       y
to sleep
where I'll be seeing you.


No comments:

Post a Comment