Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Journaling vs. Blogging


Is there a difference between journaling and blogging? I would say yes. Some people use their blogs as a journaling tool, which is totally cool. Journaling is definitely a good thing, no matter where you catalog your thoughts. I find journaling to be cathartic and a way to keep track of my progress in this little life of mine. But my personal preference is to confine my innermost, private thoughts in my traditional, bound paper journal where no one can read them. The purpose of this blog, on the other hand, is to expound upon Pop culture, books, the latest news stories, and other random blather that's cool for peeps to browse and comment on. I promise not to put any ex-boyfriends on blast or bitch about a bad day on this blog. That's just not what this blog is going to be about. To each his own: if your blog is a blog like that, more power to you!
Food for thought: Would Shakespeare have had a blog, if he were alive today? If so, what would he write about?

3 comments:

  1. GUILTY AS CHARGED! haha, I so use mine as a journal. but I have some Blogging in there.. somewhere! mostly on my other blogs.
    as for William, his blog would be all about politics... and his perception on society... a man after my own heart..... XOXO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think there is a difference as well but it really depends on the individual and how they define journaling and blogging. One persons journaling may be another person's blogging...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey ladies, thanks for your comments! They are always appreciated. I think that no matter how you blog, that's alright by me! These ideas are just for how I want my individual blog to be. Keep on bloggin'!

    ReplyDelete