Thursday, March 4, 2010

Reflections on 21 + 2

My birthday is in 8 days and I will be turning the big 2-3. I am excited for March 12th to come because I love my birthday--it's my favorite holiday of the year! I'm not upset that I'm going to be 23 at all, even though it's the oldest I've ever been...obviously. It's not a particularly big milestone or anything like that. It's not 10, 13, 16, 17, 18, 20, 21, or 30 (thank God). I guess I have finally entered the "It's just another birthday" zone, which is okay. At least I don't have to feel pressured to have a big party, see a PG-13 or R-rated movie, go get a learner's permit, driver's license, pack of cigarettes, lotto ticket, Hustler mag, or a few gallons of booze because my liver's finally legal--all things I might have felt compelled to do at other birthday milestones, most of which I didn't. It's just another year older.

Interesting Tidbits from my 22nd Year:
- I graduated from college.
- I moved back to New York for the first time in 4 years.
- I got my first full-time job in the real world.
- I found my first gray hair.
- I went to three concerts.
- I went to three major league baseball games.
- I went to three Broadway shows.
- I was serenaded by the only all-male acapella group at Boston College, The Heightsmen. (*swoon*)
- The Yankees won the World Series!

No comments:

Post a Comment