Friday, February 26, 2010

New Addition to the Fam

So, in a little over two weeks, there will be a new addition to the family. Meet Princess Maggie! (or some of her distant relatives--see picture to the left. Official photo releases of Miss Maggie to come soon.) My family is adopting a Golden Retriever puppy from 24-Karat Goldens. I can't tell you how excited my family is or how ecstatic I am. I have been wishing for a puppy for a long time.

My former dog, Tasha, unfortunately got really sick with skin cancer in the spring of last year. She passed away in late July 2009. We were all extremely sad at her passing; she was a member of our family. No dog could replace Tasha--she was one of a kind, what personality! What a terrific dog. We will always miss her. My family and I were not ready for a new dog before this--we were actually going to wait until this summer to adopt a new family member. But it was destiny--a family friend told us about a Golden Retriever litter that had been born about four weeks prior on January 10, 2010. We went to see the puppies in the last blizzard about two weeks ago and we didn't stand a chance: we fell in love with little Maggie. She stole each of our hearts! So Maggie won't be coming home with us until March 17, St. Patrick's Day. She's a sweet Irish lass!

Stay tuned for pictures (and maybe video) of my new puppy. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment