Saturday, February 6, 2010

Must See: The Vampire Diaries

My friend Jenn got me into this new show called The Vampire Diaries. I know what you must be thinking: "For Pete's sake, not another vampire-related anything." But I promise you, it is different from Twilight and anything else vampire themed (althought I do like Twilight and Harry Potter and all those fantasy-type books and movies). You should watch just for the leading male characters alone - Damon, played by Ian Somerhalder, former model and Lost cast member and Stefan, played by Paul Wesley are absolutely dreamy. The suspense and mystery remain in the show, despite being on its second season.

I must admit, I have not watched True Blood yet, so I cannot compare it to The Vampire Diaries. Perhaps The Vampire Diaries seem more accessible to me, aired on The "CW" Channel 11, Thursdays at 8:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time. For a girl who didn't have cable at home until her senior year of college, HBO still seems too ritzy to watch.

Either way, my advice would be to check out this new show before you get too far behind in the episodes to start watching. But don't just take my word for it. Click to watch the closed captioned trailer to sneak a peek.

3 comments:

  1. saw the preview- then i barfed in the toliet. ridiculous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL, maybe it's more geared toward the females...

    ReplyDelete
  3. see my blog.. I mentioned you... with a whole bunch of other stuff.. lov ya! c you tomorrow

    ReplyDelete