Thursday, February 4, 2010

Two Musical Pet Peeves

When it comes to most things in life, I have a fairly open mind. You suggest a restaurant, a museum, a film, or a tasty dish, I will check it out and let you know how the exploration goes. So if you suggest a musical artist, I would definitely get on iTunes, preview a few songs, and download at least one. I like all kinds of music: pop, rock, R&B, hip hop, some rap, some jazz, classical, oldies from every era, etc. But there are two artists that I truly cannot stand: Savage Garden and Kenny G.

Savage Garden's "Truly, Madly, Deeply" is like listening to the sound of nails scraping a chalkboard. "I want to stand with you on a mountain/I want to bathe with you in the sea." Really? I'm a romantic and everything, but those lyrics make me want to hurl. And don't get me started on Kenny G. I roll my eyes everytime that sappy soprano saxophone oozes through the elevator speaker system. Ugh! As if his bad hair were not awful enough, I am forced to listen to him ruin good songs with his terrible covers of them. Who cares if you hold the Guinness World Record for holding the longest note??

There are few things in this world that make me physically sick to my stomach. Savage Garden and Kenny G are my Chinese water torture.

No comments:

Post a Comment